Hello! I'm a phd student working on computational linguistics
and machine learning with
I've been known to write software while
sitting on a
My main project these days is tools for
machine translation for under-resourced languages. Particularly, I'm
working on techniques to help the translation system make better word
choices, both through gathering more text and through learning from
the text that we have available.
I also occasionally contribute to NLTK.
Since Fall 2014, I've joined
- in person: furiously writing dissertation while in Northern
- office hours: Wednesdays 10am or by appointment (though you have to
find me first)
- email: alexr at indiana
pubs and workshop presentations
- Alex Rudnick, Levi King, Can Liu, Markus Dickinson and Sandra Kübler.
IUCL: Combining Information Sources for SemEval Task 5.
Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation
- Alex Rudnick, Taylor Skidmore, Alberto Samaniego and Michael Gasser.
Guampa: a Toolkit for Collaborative Translation.
Ninth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2014).
summary with bibtex
- Alex Rudnick, Annette Rios and Michael Gasser.
Enhancing a Rule-Based MT System with Cross-Lingual WSD.
The 9th International Workshop of the Special Interest Group on Speech and
Language Technology for Minority Languages (SaLTMiL 2014).
- Alex Rudnick and Michael Gasser.
Lexical Selection for Hybrid MT with Sequence Labeling.
Second Workshop on Hybrid Approaches to Translation
- Alex Rudnick, Can Liu, and Michael Gasser.
HLTDI: CL-WSD Using Markov Random Fields for SemEval-2013 Task
Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation
- Pavel Golik, Boulos Harb, Ananya Misra, Michael Riley, Alex Rudnick,
and Eugene Weinstein. Mobile Music Modeling, Analysis and
Recognition. International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and
Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2012.
- Karissa McKelvey, Alex Rudnick, Michael Conover and Filippo Menczer.
Visualizations of Communication on Social Media: Making Big Data
Accessible. Computer Supported Cooperative Work 2012 - Collective
Intelligence as Community Discourse and Action.
- Alex Rudnick. Towards Cross-Language Word Sense Disambiguation
for Quechua. RANLP 2011 Student Research Workshop.
- Alex Rudnick. A resource-light approach to learning verb
valencies. MTML 2011.
- James Clawson, Kent Lyons, Alex Rudnick, Robert A. Iannucci Jr.,
and Thad Starner.
Automatic whiteout++: correcting mini-QWERTY typing errors using
- James Clawson, Alex Rudnick, Kent Lyons, and Thad Starner.
Automatic Whiteout: Discovery and Correction of Typographical
Errors in Mobile Text Input.