Professor of Computer Science
Adjunct Professor of Statistics
Department of Computer Science and Informatics
150 South Woodlawn Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405
Office: Lindley Hall 301F
Phone: (812) 856-1851
Post-doctoral fellow, Bioinformatics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2004
Ph.D., Computer and Information Sciences, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2003
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia, 1997
B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, 1994
Board of Directors Member, International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB), 2012-
Associate Editor, PLoS Computational Biology, 2014-
Editorial Board Member, Bioinformatics, Oxford University Press, 2010-
Critical Assessment of Functional Annotations (CAFA) at ISMB 2017
The CAFA3 experiment is currently on. The submission deadline is January 22, 2017. Check out the following papers about CAFA: CAFA1, CAFA2, and a gentle introduction to CAFA. An even gentler introduction to protein function prediction is available here.
Evolution of Molecular Function at PSB 2017
Center for Algorithms and Machine Learning (CAML)
Center for Bioinformatics Research (CBR)
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
• Protein structure and function; method development and evaluation for function prediction.
• Post-translational modifications (PTMs)
• Mass spectrometry (MS) and MS/MS proteomics.
Biomedical Informatics and Applications to Human Health
• Development of computational models for understanding and predicting molecular mechanisms of disease.
• Candidate gene prioritization and biomarker discovery.
• Genome interpretation.
• Supervised and semi-supervised learning: learning from positive and unlabeled data; learning from biased data.
• Structured-output learning and evaluation; extreme classification.
• Kernel-based inference on sequences, time-series, and graphs.
Last modified: November 24, 2016