Professor of Computer Science and Informatics
Adjunct Professor of Statistics
Department of Computer Science and Informatics
150 South Woodlawn Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405
Office: Lindley Hall 301F
Phone: (812) 856-1851
Post-doctoral fellow, Bioinformatics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2004
Ph.D., Computer and Information Sciences, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2003
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia, 1997
B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, 1994
Board of Directors Member, International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB), 2012-
Associate Editor, PLoS Computational Biology, 2014-
Editorial Board Member, Bioinformatics, Oxford University Press, 2010-
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
• Protein structure and function; method development and evaluation for function prediction.
• Post-translational modifications (PTMs)
• Mass spectrometry (MS) and MS/MS proteomics.
Biomedical Informatics and Applications to Human Health
• Development of computational models for understanding and predicting molecular mechanisms of disease.
• Candidate gene prioritization and biomarker discovery.
• Genome interpretation.
• Supervised and semi-supervised learning: learning from positive and unlabeled data; learning from biased data.
• Structured-output learning and evaluation; extreme classification.
• Kernel-based inference on sequences, time-series, and graphs.
Last modified: August 09, 2015