VR showcasing Indianapolis Museum of Art's Chinese art collection. On display in IMA's X Room since May 2005.
A demo version of Cabinet of Dreams has been presented at:
• Supercomputing 2005: IU Applications (2005.11.12-18)
• iGrid 2005: networked Cabinet of Dreams (2005.09.26-29)
• I-Light Symposium 2005: networked Cabinet of Dreams (2005.09.21-22)
• Cleveland Museum of Art: Ingenuity festival (2005.09.01-04)
• Siggraph 2005 emerging technologies: Access Grid panel (2005.08.01)
• American Association of Museums Conference 2005 (2005.05.01-05)
Cabinet of Dreams press releases:
• Report on IU at SC|05 (Supercomputing 2005)
• IU Research Works (Supercomputing 2005)
• VIS Lab Partnership with the IMA (2005.05.26)
• Research at Indiana University (2005.05)
• IU Home Pages (2005.05.13)
• IU UITS News Release (2005.04.12)
• Cabinet of Dreams site at IU SoFA
• IMA (re)Opening
With Adam Schweigert (soundtrack), Craig Strubing (modeling), Margaret Dolinsky (lead), Mathew Powers (modeling).
My work included 3D scene-graph scripting and animation, and development in a certain scene-graph-based 3D rendering toolkit with C++ APIs which is normally used for real-time visual simulation and performance-oriented 3D graphics applications, just as in VegoWelt.
Ingredients: OpenGL, sweat and tears :-P
• IU SoFA Gallery: Digital Art Area Exhibition (2004.02.13)
• IU SoFA Gallery: Lounge exhibition (2003.10.10)
With Margaret Dolinsky (static modeling).
Cabinet of Dreams site at IU SoFA.
This image (), from Untitled Activations no.1 exhibited at the SoFA Gallery, is used by IU Media Relations to showcase the John-e-box's interactive VR applications (uncredited on leaflet). Photograph by Ryan J. Jones.
A VR environment written for Fine Arts U539, Fall 1999.
Written using XP and Bergen.
Sketches for a Tryptich has been showcased in the IUB CAVE and at the Advanced Visualization Lab.
VR smart playroom written using OpenGL Performer, CAVELib and VSS, as part of SmartEnv, Spring 1999.
Here's a tutorial written at the time.
With Katy Börner, Sven Bertel, Matt Jadud and Bob Najlis ().
VegoWelt has been presented in:
• Ylem Newsletter: Welcome to WegoWelt in Facing Reality (July/August 1999)
• DCNet'99: VegoWelt: A smart virtual playroom in DCNet'99 Proceedings (1999.11.30-12.03)
• VegoWelt: The Video. Video Submission
|Mitja Hmeljak 2009|