Professor of Computer Science
Adjunct Professor of Statistics
Department of Computer Science
150 South Woodlawn Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405
Office: Lindley Hall 301F
Phone: (812) 856-1851
Download my curriculum vitae in pdf format (last updated on 06/18/2017). Google Scholar profile.
- i. ☀️ (November 2017) Pedja gave a keynote at IEEE BIBM. Slides available here.
- ii. ☀️ (October 2017) Indiana University is hiring faculty in computational systems biology and other areas related to precision medicine and health. See the ad here.
- iii. ☀️ (October 2017) Pedja gave a keynote at the HGVS/ASHG meeting on predicting molecular mechanisms of disease.
- iv. ☀️ (July 2017) Kym receives Ian Lawson Van Toch Memorial Award at ISMB 2017.
- v. ☀️ (July 2017) Pedja re-elected to the ISCB Board of Directors.
- vi. ☀️ (July 2017) The Function SIG meeting featuring CAFA results to take place on July 24-25 during ISMB 2017.
- vii. ☀️ (June 2017) Kym receives travel fellowship to attend ISMB 2017. Her ISMB paper is here.
- viii. ☀️ (June 2017) Kym and Yuxiang to give talks at ISMB 2017.
- ix. ☀️ (June 2017) Pedja to visit the Institute for Advanced Study at Technical University of Munich as August-Wilhelm Scheer Visiting Professor.
- x. ☀️ (June 2017) Jose to become a Lane Fellow at Carnegie Mellon University in September.
- xi. (May 2017) Vikas’ paper available online in Human Mutation.
- xii. (May 2017) MutPred2 preprint posted on bioRxiv.
- xiii. (April 2017) Shantanu wins Computer Science Graduate Research Award at Indiana University! Had a NIPS 2016 paper and a AAAI 2017 paper, both as first author, on positive-unlabeled learning.
Awards and Honors
August-Wilhelm Scheer Visiting Professor at Technical University of Munich, 2016-2017
Senior Member, International Society for Computational Biology, 2015
National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2007
Outstanding Young Researcher, University of Novi Sad, 1998
Board of Directors Member, International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB), 2012-
Associate Editor, PLoS Computational Biology, 2014-
Editorial Board Member, Bioinformatics, Oxford University Press, 2010-
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- • Protein structure and function; method development and evaluation of function prediction
- • Post-translational modifications (PTMs)
- • Mass spectrometry (MS) and MS/MS proteomics
- • Understanding and predicting molecular mechanisms of disease
- • Genome interpretation
- • Precision medicine and precision health
- • Supervised and semi-supervised learning: learning from positive and unlabeled data; learning from biased data
- • Structured-output learning and evaluation; extreme classification
- • Kernel-based inference on sequences, time-series, and graphs
Last updated: November 18, 2017